Media Writer | Producer | Announcer II
Note: For the following position, applications can be found here. Applicants must submit all application materials in person, during counseling hours, and before the deadline for submission listed above. Civil service vacancies are advertised for one week. Applications and all qualifying credentials such as official transcripts, certifications, licenses and DD 214 must be submitted for the current vacancies no later than 12:00 noon, Thu, Jan. 16, 2020.
Salary: $2,580.00 per month
Department: Broadcasting Service
1. Any one or any combination totaling three (3) years (36 months) of the following types of preparation:
- Progressively more responsible work experience in the production and presentation of radio or television programs, social media, and/or print or online journalism
- Vocational training in radio and/or television production, journalism, social media, news or feature writing and/or announcing or closely related fields
- College course work in radio/television, journalism, social media, news or feature writing or closely related fields:
60 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
75 semester hours equals one (1) year and six (6) months (18 months)
90-semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
120 semester hours or a Bachelor’s degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
2. One (1) year (12 months)of work experience in the production and presentation of radio or television programs, social media, and/or print or online journalism in addition to the preparation required in #1 above.
3. One (1) year (12 months)of work experience comparable to that performed at the Media Writer/Producer/Announcer I level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility.
WSIU Public Broadcasting Business Office Student Accounting Professional
WSIU Public Broadcasting operates public stations WSIU | WUSI | WVSI Radio and SIU | WUSI | WSEC | WMEC | WQEC TV. It is a multifaceted educational and public service communications resource that reports to the Chancellor’s Office. The Service supports the academic programs of the College of Mass Communications and Media Arts and the University and serves a third of Illinois with educational, news and entertainment programming. WSIU provides contract production services, supports numerous outreach activities, originates K-12 / community college course related services and supports a regional radio reading service for the reading impaired.
The Associate Director of Finance and Administration for WSIU oversees the financial affairs of the unit, issues related reports, maintains business records, submits grant applications, supervises the yearly external audit, and makes appropriate policy recommendations. Two part-time student workers, one full-time accountant, one full-time Administrative Assistant, and one Accounting Technician currently report to the Associate Director.
Business Office Student Employee- Accountant Requirements:
- Accounting, Finance, or other Business-related major (Accounting strongly preferred).
- Ability to assemble data accurately and create functional worksheets.
- Good working knowledge of a major spreadsheet program, preferably Excel.
- QuickBooks experience is a plus.
- Good knowledge of a computer accounts receivable module.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be consistently reliable with a good daily work block desirable.
- Highly motivated with a desire for personal growth.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Prior experience in a multi-faceted business office environment is preferred.
- Networking and teamwork skills a must.
- Under the supervision of the Accountant, reconcile departmental financial reports with the University reports supplied by General Accounting.
- Assemble data in such a manner that the staff can easily review and interpret reports.
- Work with staff in correctly coding all requisitions and invoice vouchers for cost allocation.
- Interact with Departmental Staff on payments to vendors and receipts from customers.
- Work with the Accountant in the preparation of requisitions and invoice vouchers.
- Manage the master files for requisitions, invoice vouchers and other areas as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of the student wages report and other internal reports.
- Research source documents on both vendor payments and customer invoices as needed.
- Research fixed costs in specific areas as needed and help with annual inventory.
- Assist with payroll procedures that may include distributing and auditing time sheets, recording time on university forms, etc.
- Other duties that may include: photocopying, distributing reports, filing, answering the phone, and helping with front office duties as assigned by the Administrative Assistant.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.