All Songs Considered : NPR Bob Boilen and Robin Hilton spin new music from emerging bands and musical icons.
- NPR Music's Listening Party For OutKast's 'Stankonia'by Lars Gotrich on October 28, 2020 at 9:10 am
Friday at 2 p.m. ET, NPR Music will host an online listening party for the 20th anniversary of OutKast's landmark album. Join the chat room, ask our expert panel questions and shout your love.
- 'Dust Off Your Wings': Tiny Desk Contestant Britton Smith On Pride And Potentialby Lulu Garcia-Navarro on October 11, 2020 at 5:52 am
Smith entered the 2020 Tiny Desk Contest with his band Britton & The Sting. He says "Blackstronauts" is about finding joy: "I want us all to put on our freedom suits and fly together," he says.
- 'Medicating With Music': How One Tiny Desk Contest Entrant Heals Through Songby Lulu Garcia-Navarro on September 27, 2020 at 5:42 am
This year's Tiny Desk Contest attracted plenty of talent, including standout entrant Mama Haze, aka California songwriter Meaghan Maples. Her song "On Your Side" was written during a time of healing.
- Sylvan Esso Joined NPR Music's Listening Party For 'Free Love'by Lars Gotrich on September 21, 2020 at 12:22 pm
Friday at 3 p.m. ET, NPR Music will host an online listening party for Sylvan Esso's new album, featuring a conversation with members Amelia Meath and Nick Sanborn.
- Tiny Desk Contestant Danielle Ponder On Telling Stories That Matter Through Musicby Scott Simon on September 5, 2020 at 5:59 am
Every year, the Tiny Desk Contest attracts thousands of unsigned musicians — like powerhouse singer Danielle Ponder. Her entry, "Poor Man's Pain," was inspired by her work as a public defender.
- Meet Lauren Eylise, A Standout Performer From The 2020 Tiny Desk Contestby Lulu Garcia-Navarro on August 23, 2020 at 5:49 am
Every year, the Tiny Desk Contest attracts thousands of unsigned musicians. Lauren Eylise impressed the judges with "Peaks and Valleys," her song about toughing it out through hard times.
NPR: The Latest on New Music : NPR Assorted stories from NPR
- Famed New Orleans Live-Music Venue Adapts To Pandemicon November 29, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Robert Mercurio, member of the band Galactic and co-owner of the New Orleans music venue Tipitina's, tells NPR about how the pandemic will affect the future of live music.
- Bad Bunny Drops The Indie-fluenced 'El Último Tour Del Mundo'by Stefanie Fernández on November 26, 2020 at 11:11 pm
The Puerto Rican star seems to have dug into the archives of his birth decade, the '90s, for sonic inspiration on his new album.
- Nashville Recommendations: Hear 4 New Songs From The Music Cityby Ann Powers on November 25, 2020 at 10:50 am
NPR pop critic Ann Powers highlights new songs from Brit Taylor, Molly Parden, The Brummies and C.A. Jones.
- Musicians Turn To New Software To Play Together Onlineby Marcie Sillman on November 21, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Since the pandemic started, musicians have been trying to find ways to play together in real time online. Two platforms — Audio Movers and Jack Trip — offer promise.
- The Thistle & Shamrock: Harveston November 20, 2020 at 11:49 am
New releases from musicians are a bright reminder that they will sing and play and record their music even through tough times.