Jazz : NPR Jazz and blues music performances and features from NPR news, NPR cultural programs, and NPR Music stations.
- Curtis Fuller, Leading Trombonist Of Jazz's Detroit Wave, Dies At 86by Martin Johnson on May 10, 2021 at 1:09 pm
After cutting his teeth in Detroit, a move to New York near the middle of the century found him directly in the center of a deeply important moment for jazz.
- Moses Boyd: Tiny Desk (Home) Concertby Nikki Birch on May 7, 2021 at 4:00 am
The U.K. jazz drummer and producer helms a Tiny Desk from Church Studios in North London.
- Cande y Paulo: Tiny Desk (Home) Concertby Felix Contreras on May 5, 2021 at 4:00 am
The Argentine duo performs a haunting and captivating set of covers, including songs by Leonard Cohen and Feist.
- Tiny Desk Meets AFROPUNK: Luedji Lunaby LaTesha Harris on May 2, 2021 at 4:00 am
The Brazilian singer uses her Tiny Desk platform to discuss individual and systemic forms of anti-Blackness.
- The Lost Recordings Of Hasaan Ibn Ali Reveal A Legend Just Getting Startedby Tom Moon on April 26, 2021 at 3:01 pm
Nearly half of the Philadelphia-based pianist's recorded work had gone unheard for decades, until now.
- Busting Myths And Building Resiliency: Esperanza Spalding Talks With Lara Downesby Lara Downes on April 24, 2021 at 4:00 am
The self-described "athletically creative" bassist, vocalist and composer searches for origins and originality while writing an opera with jazz giant Wayne Shorter.