Jazz : NPR Jazz and blues music performances and features from NPR news, NPR cultural programs, and NPR Music stations.
- Who says big band jazz is for old people? Not this teenage composer.by Elizabeth Blair on May 6, 2022 at 4:00 am
California musician Skylar Tang, 16, is the winner of a Jazz at Lincoln Center contest. She'll accept the award in New York this weekend.
- Ron Carter at 85: tracks and stories from the life of a record-setting bassistby Trevor Smith on May 4, 2022 at 12:14 pm
To celebrate bassist Ron Carter's 85th birthday, hear a conversation with Ron and our host Christian McBride with music handpicked from Ron Carter's storied discography.
- Ron Carter: Tiny Desk (Home) Concertby Nikki Birch on May 4, 2022 at 4:00 am
Watch the legendary jazz bassist and members of his trio perform from The Blue Note's prestigious stage.
- 85-year-old bassist Ron Carter has no plans on slowing downby Tom Vitale on May 4, 2022 at 4:00 am
The roster of musicians Carter has worked with ranges from Ornette Coleman to Aretha Franklin, Roberta Flack and A Tribe Called Quest.
- DOMi & JD Beck, 'SMiLE'by Nate Chinen on April 29, 2022 at 11:01 am
DOMi & JD Beck make a hyperarticulate strain of beat music. Mac DeMarco stars as a profanely cantankerous 100-year-old jazz legend in a new video.
- Albert Ayler made sublime music. The world was not readyby Lars Gotrich on April 29, 2022 at 4:00 am
At his last recorded concerts, the avant-garde outlaw's seemingly disparate sound worlds came together.