SI Now moves to become a standalone entity
An organization focused on improving economic development in the 17 southernmost counties of Illinois is taking the next step to become a standalone entity.
In a written news release, SI Now reports it has filed articles of incorporation with the state to become a not-for-profit corporation.
SI Now officials say their goal is to create jobs by attracting new business, supporting existing businesses and equipping the local workforce with specialized skills.
Over the past 18 months, SI Now says its work has generated commitments from local businesses to fund 83 percent of the organization’s operational budget and it continues to accept additional investments.
For more information, click here.
SI Now Board of Trustees:
- Kevin Beckemeyer –President/CEO, Legence Bank
- Rodney Cabaness –Co-Owner, Black Diamond Harley Davidson
- John Dosier (Vice Chair) –President and CEO, First Southern Bank
- Tony Iriti –Executive Director, Jefferson County Development Corporation
- Austin Lane –Chancellor, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Lynn Andersen Lindberg (Secretary) –Executive Director, SIU Innovation and Economic Development, SIU Research Park
- Kathy Lively –CEO, Man-Tra-Con Corporation
- Robert J. May –President/CEO, Banterra Bank
- Cary Minnis –Executive Director, Greater Egypt Regional Planning and Development Commission
- Mike Monchino –Principal Member, Monchino Management
- Will Stephens –Mayor, City of Murphysboro
- Woody Thorne(Chair)–Vice Presidentof Community Affairs, SIH
- Michael Tison(Treasurer)–Managing Director/Financial Advisor, Align Wealth Management
- Tom Welge –President, Gilster-Mary Lee
- Patrick Windhorst –Board President, OneShawnee and State Representative, Illinois 118thDistrict Office