WSIU Public Radio is an NPR affiliate licensed to the Board of Trustees at Southern Illinois University. WSIU Radio broadcasts on three stations serving the southern Illinois region.
NPR makes it easier than ever to stay informed on the stories that matter to you.
NPR offers a wide range of programs. Check out what’s featured & offered daily.
Check out NPR’s All Songs Considered, Music News, Tiny Desk Concerts, etc…
Daily & Weekly Schedules: listen to your favorite podcasts on WSIU & NPR.
- As People Adjust to Easing Pandemic Restrictions, Crab Orchard Refuge, is...by Kevin Boucher on May 12, 2021 at 6:00 am
On this edition of WSIU InFocus, as the weather improves and more people are going outside to spend time in nature, we […]
- Red Cross Urges People Vaccinated against COVID-19 To Donate Blood.by Kevin Boucher on May 11, 2021 at 5:13 pm
With summer driving season around the corner, the American Red Cross is issuing a fresh appeal for donors. Regional […]
- SIH Cancer Institute Calling for Local Artists to Decorate Building Expansionby Brad Palmer on May 11, 2021 at 3:37 pm
A call is going out to local artists and photographers to help inspire hope and healing in the new expansion of the SIH […]
- Judge Vacates Nationwide Eviction Moratorium, Doesn’t Impact Illinois
- Senate Committee Advances Bills on Sex Ed, Decriminalizing HIV Transmission
- Illinois House Votes to Endorse ‘Abolition Amendment,’ D.C. Statehood
- Catholic Leaders Oppose Governor’s Proposed Change to Scholarship Tax Credits
- Report Into LaSalle Home Deaths Raises Questions About Criminal Probe
- State Week: Bridge Phase Coming; Remap Transparency?
- State Week: Veterans Home Outbreak Review; Pritzker Unveils Energy Plan
- State Week: In The Wake Of The ComEd Bribery Scheme, Lawmakers Weigh Changes
- State Week: Chicago Police Shooting Spurs More Calls For Reform
- State Week: Amid Rising Cases, Illinois Expands Vaccine Eligibility