Workshops scheduled for communities to learn more about IDOT funding opportunities.
The Illinois Department of Transportation is hosting several workshops throughout the state in May and June to help local governments and communities learn about and apply for funding opportunities.
In a release, Governor Pritzker states that this is an opportunity to work with IDOT to improve communities and enhance local quality of life. These workshops will help local stakeholders understand the programs offered, plan projects and write informative and compelling applications. The Special Programs Assistance Conferences are designed to help potential grantees take part in the department’s Economic Development Program, Illinois Transportation Enhancement Program and Safe Routes to School Program. These conferences will be in 7 different cities including Effingham and Collinsville.
Staff from IDOT will be available to offer general information and answer questions one-on-one. Advance registration is encouraged. You can find more information on our website.
Visit the Illinois Transportation Enhancement Program and Safe Routes to School Program pages to view the schedule and learn more. More details on the Economic Development Program are available here.
- May 16-17: IDOT District 3, 700 E. Norris Drive, Ottawa
- May 25-26: Orland Park Civic Center, 14750 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park
- May 31-June 1: Effingham Emergency Management Operations Center, 311 W. Miracle Ave., Effingham
- June 6-7: Peoria Public Library Auditorium, 107 N.E. Monroe St., Peoria
- June 13-14: Dixon High School, 315 Lincoln Statue Drive, Dixon
- June 21-22: Gateway Convention Center, 1 Gateway Drive, Collinsville