SBDC at SIU hosts a Business Plan Competition for entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs in the area are being called to embark on a journey of innovation and growth through the Southern Illinois 2023 Business Plan Competition.
WSIU's Brad Palmer spoke with Melissa Ray Roach – Director of the Illinois Small Business Development Center at SIU Carbondale -- about the upcoming competition.
Competitors are required to attend and complete three mandatory workshops (in Carbondale, Marion, Mt. Vernon, or Red Bud) held during the following weeks:
• The Business Plan - Week of September 18th.
• The Business Financials - Week of October 2nd.
• The Pitch - Week of October 16th.
• Local Competitions - Week of October 30th.
• Regional Competition - Week of November 13th.
• Award Ceremony - November 30th.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to participate:
• Be a start-up or existing for-profit small business, focused on innovative ideas, products, or services. Pre-venture entrepreneurs may also enter.
• Submit new ideas or expansion opportunities that are not current business operations.
• Have a business located in one or more of the following Southern Illinois counties: Alexander, Franklin, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Randolph, Saline, Union, White, and Williamson.
• Not be a public governmental entity, nonprofit organization, public/private school, or university/college.
For more information, click here.